Technical Details of SAP SRM
Seamless Integration with SAP PLM
In the procurement process, it is crucial to have access to both technical and quotation-related data for efficient collaboration. This access is only possible, however, if the data from development processes and quotation scenarios is integrated. Unfortunately, companies often waste valuable resources by failing to integrate strategic procurement and product development.
By integrating seamlessly with SAP Product Lifecycle Management (SAP PLM), SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SAP SRM) promotes efficient collaboration between buyer and supplier for engineered materials. This creates tightly linked design collaboration and bidding processes that reduce product costs while accelerating time-to-market. Adding value for both SAP SRM and SAP PLM customers.
The benefits for SAP SRM users include:
- Tight integration with SAP PLM capabilities for design collaboration
- Access to engineering objects in SAP PLM collaborative folders
- Back-end integration of materials, bills of materials (BOMs), and documents into SAP PLM
- Markup and redlining capabilities for 2-D and 3-D drawings
And the benefits for SAP PLM users include:
- Tight integration with SAP SRM sourcing capabilities
- Engineering collaboration on technical specifications, which can be extended to requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for quotes (RFQs)