SAP Portfolio and Project Management
FEATURES & FUNCTIONS
With the SAP Portfolio and Project Management application, you can perform the following activities:
- Portfolio management – You can align portfolios with corporate objectives, including portfolios of projects, programs, and services within research and development (R&D), professional services, and IT.
- Resource management – Resource managers receive projections of upcoming resource demands, including information about effort, location, skill, and source requirements. They can also identify and deploy resources based on your organizational structure and approval workflows – ensuring that resource requests are directed to the right people at the right time.
- Project management – You can manage project operations throughout the entire company – enabling strong project management functionality, including project planning and execution, as well as project accounting. The application supports structuring, scheduling, and visualization, and operative planning and execution.
- Portfolio performance and program monitoring – Prebuilt integration with SAP and non-SAP systems gives your organization a clear view of initiatives across the enterprise, as well as complete information about each program, including project-cost actuals, forecasts, baselines, and other KPIs.
- Portfolio simulation and what-if analyses – You have tools to simulate various scenarios and assess their impact on budgets, resources, and schedules.
- Expertise management – Your organization can maintain up-to-date information about peoples' skills and experience, enabling managers to discover expertise within the organization and employees to seek work that advances their careers.
- Governance – Using prebuilt templates and workflows, you can consistently enforce corporate, IT, and other policies across the enterprise.
- Analytics and Integration – Flexible dashboards and sophisticated analytics drawn from disparate systems enable continuous monitoring of your portfolio's performance and your projects. Prebuilt integration with SAP and non-SAP software systems provides out-of-the-box transparency into project-cost actual data, forecasts, baselines, and other KPIs across your entire portfolio.
- Implementation methodology support – Whether using Six Sigma, Phase-Gate, critical-path, Product and Cycle-time Excellence (PACE), or other methods or models, you can accommodate subtle differences among portfolios – even as you manage all human and financial resources committed to the various portfolios, either within resource pools or enterprise-wide.