SAP Portfolio and Project Management
Maximize the Value, Balance, And Strategic Alignment of Your Portfolio Of Projects
Do you want to maximize business value, achieve balance, and align your overall portfolio with strategic objectives? The SAP Portfolio and Project Management application helps you deliver these strategies more effectively.
SAP Portfolio and Project Management empowers your organization to link ideas and strategies with the necessary project data, workflows, and business processes to manage portfolios and projects smoothly from start to finish. You can better control and innovate projects, processes, products, and services across their life cycles. Portfolio management enables you to "do the right things," while project management helps you "do things right."
The enterprise-level application helps you manage a range of business processes – including continuous product and service innovation, integrated product development, capital asset management, and enterprise IT. Powered by the SAP NetWeaver technology platform, SAP Portfolio and Project Management builds the project-centric backbone of existing heterogeneous IT landscapes. You can leverage data from disparate systems – including human resource, financial, project management, and desktop systems – to enable new, cross-functional business processes and provide ready insight into operations. For example:
- Prebuilt integration with SAP and non-SAP systems provides transparency into project-cost actuals, forecasts, baselines, and other KPIs across your entire portfolio.
- Integration with your HR system, including support of both line and pool management, enables resource allocation and strategic capacity planning based on up-to-date information on skills, availability, and approval workflows.
- Flexible dashboards analytics drawn from disparate systems enable continuous monitoring of your portfolio's performance and project execution tracking
- Integrated management of project scope, timelines, and budget, along with definition of resource demand and search for suitable resources based on qualification are other benefits.
These new separate yet complimentary applications help you leverage the power of the SAP Portfolio and Project Management application:
- Idea management – Leverage idea management capabilities that help you collect, consolidate, categorize, and manage all ideas into one system. You can document and formalize reviews and evaluations of ideas. Harness the innovation potential inside and outside your organization to identify the most promising ideas – and bring innovative products and services faster to market.
- SAP Enterprise Project Connection – Enable project information exchange among project and portfolio management applications – in context. Optimized synchronization of project information ensures that it is timely, accurate and complete – reducing risks attributable to schedule and cost variance. Success is no longer about who has the best Gantt chart – but about who has the best information.