SAP IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
FEATURES & FUNCTIONS
With the SAP IT Service Management application (SAP ITSM), your IT service organization can align its activities with the needs of the business. By standardizing processes, such as incident, problem, change, and knowledge management, your IT organization can reduce costs, upgrade service quality, and help improve business performance.
SAP ITSM enables key IT processes, including:
- IT service desk management
- Enhance productivity of service desk agents with easy-to-use, role-based service desk management software.
- Leverage multichannel communications, including phone, e-mail, fax, Web, and chat, to service your business users.
- Gain efficiency and scalability by using universal queuing, intelligent routing, and presence information made available via the plug-in SAP Business Communication Management software.
- Simplify support of SAP applications via built-in integration of SAP Solution Manager.
- Incident and problem management
- Resolve IT incidents and problems quickly and efficiently using an ITIL-compliant application.
- Manage the complete life cycle of all incidents and problems by accessing all relevant information, including user information, related assets and their configurations, and knowledge base.
- Accelerate problem resolution via automatic assignment and escalation based on business rules, priorities, and service level agreements.
- IT infrastructure change management
- Minimize the impact of infrastructure changes on users by managing the complete life cycle of any IT infrastructure change.
- Increase the success of infrastructure changes by following well-defined processes, using workflows to ensure that proper approvals are obtained, risks and impacts are identified and mitigated, and proper resources are available to support the changes.
- Service asset and configuration management
- Have complete visibility into all IT assets and their configurations.
- Leverage asset information when resolving incidents, problems, and requests.
- IT financial management
- Understand and manage IT assets using related financial information made available via built-in integration with the SAP ERP Financials application.
- Enable accurate billing for IT services performed (for charged-back and outsourced services) with access to up-to-date cost information.
- Make more informed decision with accurate financial analysis, up-to-date cost information, and reliable budget spend data.
- Service level management
- Set proper expectations with users by defining all key service level agreements that will be used to track performance of IT service operations.
- Measure the results of operations to facilitate fine-tuning and contract renewal discussions (for outsourced IT services).