SAP IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
The SAP IT Service Management application (SAP ITSM) helps you standardize IT processes so that your business can wield IT as a competitive weapon. Instead of focusing narrowly on the provision of technology, your IT organization can support business objectives, becoming a strategic partner that works with the organization to improve overall business performance.
With SAP ITSM, you can:
- Streamline your IT service desk operation – By leveraging best practices (such as those described in ITIL v3) for operating IT service desks, SAP ITSM enables your IT organization to run its service desk efficiently while gaining the ability to evolve and scale as business needs change.
- Manage the financials of your IT operations – As a component of SAP CRM, SAP ITSM has built-in integration with the SAP ERP Financials application, enabling your IT organization to manage and track cost, budget, and charge backs. This helps you gain the financial know-how you need to manage your organization like a business.
- Gain insight into your IT operations – With built-in analytics as well as add-on tools from the SAP BusinessObjects portfolio, you can gain insight into your IT service desk operations, from pinpointing the "hot" areas to measuring your performance relative to the established service level agreements.
Your organization benefits because SAP ITSM helps you to:
- Increase IT service quality by standardizing and automating IT processes and putting both IT and the business on the same page with clearly defined service level agreements
- Improve customer satisfaction by consistently delivering services that align with customers' needs and expectations
- Decrease service delivery costs through streamlined IT processes and efficient change management
- Continuously improve processes and services with powerful analytics that provide constant feedback
- Coordinate IT priorities and budget with IT operations by integrating cost information and asset management functionality available in SAP ERP
- Minimize your TCO with an integrated solution that leverages existing IT investments