SAP Delivers Richer User Experience, Enhanced Mobility and Integrated Social for Easier Travel and Expense Management in the Cloud
An increasing number of companies are looking to balance travelers’ demand for choice and flexibility with the need to prioritize cost containment and compliance with corporate travel programs. In an effort to make business travelers’ lives easier and companies’ travel processes more efficient, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced enhancements to the SAP® Cloud for Travel and Expense solution, with new capabilities that improve and simplify the user experience.
Built to help users manage travel on their mobile device, the latest updates to SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense make travel and expense management simpler, faster and richer than ever before with new features that include:
Improved user experience
- HTML5 user interface: An enhanced user experience runs natively in modern browsers across operating systems with new Internet technologies. With no browser plug-ins or installation requirements, customer roll out is made simple.
- Windows Phone 8 support: Addressing the growing number of Windows smartphone operating system users, native application support is available for Windows Phone 8, in addition to Apple iOS with iPhone and iPad, Android and BlackBerry.
- Integration with the SAP® Jam social software platform: In addition to automatic integration with the SAP® ERP application, incorporation with SAP Jam enables employees to collaborate effectively within one corporate social network solution.
- Increased flexibility: Customers can flag fields as mandatory, optional or hidden, allowing travelers to more easily prioritize important fields and claim their expenses with increased data accuracy. In addition, users can automatically itemize and handle items, claim mileage, manage attachments in approvals, view various attachment types and recall expense reports.
- Accelerated analytics and business processes: Leveraging real-time Big Data capabilities, existing and new customers can manage their travel and expenses faster than ever before with the solution running fully on the SAP HANA® platform.
- Simplified compliance with the Physician Payment Sunshine Act: The federal act for medical devices and pharmaceutical companies requires manufacturers of drugs, devices or medical supplies to report to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, on an annual basis, payments or transfers of value made to physicians. With online integration to the MedProID® practitioner database, users can now access up-to-date identity information and seamlessly retrieve them in SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense to meet federal requirements.
“Our goal is to help healthcare organizations effectively and efficiently meet compliance requirements,” said Ray Ungemach, vice president, MedPro Systems, a provider of healthcare license solutions to the life science industry. “Through the integration of the MedProID 13M record Healthcare Provider database into SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense, our customers will be able to ensure more accurate and compliant state and federal aggregate spend reports and much more.”
SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense is a cloud-based, end-to-end, one-stop solution that automates and simplifies travel management processes while supporting booking, expense capturing, reimbursement and analysis of travel spend. The solution offers broad and comprehensive support for country compliance in the market.
For more information read the blog, “HTML5 Brings Richer Experience to the Users in the Cloud
For more information, visit the SAP Newsroom
. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews
Andrea Meyer, +1 (415) 370-7329, email@example.com
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.