New Features in SAP Travel OnDemand Solution Boost Mobility, Compliance and Global Efficiency
SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced significant updates to the SAP Travel OnDemand solution, including broader country coverage, support for the Physician Payment Sunshine Act and new analytic, mobile and integration capabilities. SAP Travel OnDemand is a cloud-based, end-to-end, one-stop solution designed for seamless travel and expense management. The announcement was made at CeBIT 2013, being held March 5-9 in Hanover, Germany.
"SAP Travel OnDemand helps reduce our travel expenses and makes booking and expense reporting and reimbursement so much easier," said Corby Brendle, practice director, UST Global. "We've seen a tangible business ROI since our implementation of SAP Travel OnDemand and the integration with our other business software has created a seamless end-user experience."
Built for the mobile business traveler, the latest updates to SAP Travel OnDemand aim to cut travel costs and complexity while maintaining compliance. New features include:
- Broader country coverage: SAP Travel OnDemand now offers additional country versions supporting specific regulations for both local tax and local legal requirements for Belgium, Ireland and New Zealand, in addition to the 16 countries already supported out-of-the-box. With this update and the available international template, the solution is ready to be used in more than 100 countries, furthering SAP's commitment to meet customers' needs worldwide.
- Support for the new Physician Payment Sunshine Act: A new federal act for medical devices and pharmaceutical companies requires companies to account for the benefits provided to physicians in the course of regular sales processes. This means travel, gifts, meals and other costs above US$10 must be reported. With SAP Travel OnDemand, pharmaceutical representatives can account for benefits provided in the normal course of business between the pharmaceutical sales rep and the physicians with whom they work.
- Customized analytics: Addressing the unique needs of each employee, SAP Travel OnDemand offers role-based analytics across various users, including business travelers, managers, auditors and CFOs. Role-based user analytics significantly improve travel and expense management by providing the flexibility to customize decisions to fit the requirements of a specific user.
- Android mobile version: The new Android app for SAP Travel OnDemand creates greater employee choice in devices, supporting business travelers to help manage their travel and expenses anytime, anywhere. Business travelers can now capture expenses and receipts at the point of purchase reports at any time.
- Integration with the SAP ERP application and SAP Financials OnDemand solution: Intercompany cost assignment can now be integrated with the SAP ERP Financials solution, accelerating the expense reimbursement process. Additionally, integration with SAP Financials OnDemand completes the "loosely coupled suite" strategy in the SAP Cloud.
To learn more, visit the SAP Travel OnDemand demo center. For more information, including additional news from SAP at CeBIT, visit the SAP Newsroom. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
Andrea Meyer, +1 (415) 370-7329, email@example.com, PST
Torrey Fazen, Burson-Marsteller, +1 (617) 912-5401, firstname.lastname@example.org, EST