SAP and SuccessFactors Accelerate Unified Product Direction
Companies Deliver Immediate Clarity on HCM Product Road Map
WALLDORF, Germany & SAN MATEO, Calif. - SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) and SuccessFactors, an SAP company, today announced their unified product direction for human capital management (HCM) solutions. The combined portfolio will provide end-to-end integrated solutions to help with some of the biggest challenges that business leaders around the world are facing across all lines of business: managing their talent to top performance and turning their strategies into actions and results.
Product Direction Across Core HR, Talent Management, HCM Analytics
HCM is gaining focus in the market as companies realize that nurturing top talent and fostering a united community of employees is critical to being a best-run business. The two companies are now combining SuccessFactors Business Execution (BizX) Suite with SAP solutions to provide the most comprehensive, innovative HCM offerings to benefit existing and prospective customers.
- SuccessFactors Employee Central solution is the go-forward core human resources (HR) offering in the cloud. Backed by more than 25 years of experience from SAP in core HR, the solution is poised to grow exponentially as SAP will boldly invest in it. SAP will continue to offer the SAP® ERP Human Capital Management (SAP ERP HCM) solution on premise for core HR, now with regulatory support for 51 countries around the globe and an innovation road map of significant investments in functionality, user-experience, mobile and in-memory technology capabilities in the future.
- For talent management, SuccessFactors Performance Management, SuccessFactors Compensation Management, SuccessFactors Recruiting and SuccessFactors Learning Management with social learning from SuccessFactors Jam will be the go-forward solutions. Talent management components from SAP ERP HCM will be continued with selected innovations for the next decade.
- Analytics will continue as an important focus area within both SAP ERP HCM and the SuccessFactors product portfolios, leveraging significant assets such as SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics, SuccessFactors Workforce Planning, the SAP HANA™ platform and solutions from the SAP® BusinessObjects™ portfolio. People analytics will be revolutionized by putting SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics on SAP HANA. Together SAP and SuccessFactors can make unparalleled aggregate HR benchmark insights available in the cloud to hundreds of thousands of customers. The combination of SuccessFactors software and SAP HANA is one of the key priority areas for development of the BizX Suite, as it will help increase customer value by dramatically speeding existing processes, enabling access to large amounts of data in shorter periods of time and providing real-time access to information tailored to individual requirements.
“We’ve delivered this unified product direction for our BizX Suite within days of our tender offer close, demonstrating our agility and the power of our combined people, know-how and technologies,” said Lars Dalgaard, founder and CEO, SuccessFactors. “We are providing immediate clarity on our BizX road map to ensure we deliver the best possible suite of solutions for our customers. The customer must always win. We cannot wait to share more of what we’ll offer our customers in the next few months.”
Open Integration for All Customers
SuccessFactors will continue to support an open approach to connecting with third-party solution providers. Approximately fourteen percent of SuccessFactors customers currently run their systems side-by-side with SAP. In addition to providing enhanced value for joint customers, SAP and SuccessFactors will accelerate the development of integration solutions with third-party solution providers. For SAP customers, the two companies intend to deliver integration packages between the two offerings:
- Cloud-based talent, core HR, recruiting, learning and social solutions, and workforce planning and analytics solutions from SuccessFactors; and
- On-premise core HR from SAP
“We now have fantastic opportunities in combining SAP innovations with SuccessFactors’ expertise and assets in the cloud. We are already seeing amazing results by improving SuccessFactors Employee Central performance 1000x — from nine minutes to 200 milliseconds with SAP HANA, enabling HR executives to do real-time workforce analytics and planning,” said Dr. Vishal Sikka, member of the SAP Executive Board, Technology & Innovation. “Together with SuccessFactors, we are now able to offer our customers the most comprehensive, end-to-end HCM portfolio both on premise and in the cloud — from core HR and employee administration to talent management, strategic planning and workforce analytics.”
Additional details regarding the two companies’ overall cloud strategy, product road maps and go-to-market approaches beyond HCM will be announced at a dedicated influencer event prior to SAPPHIRE® NOW and SuccessFactors’ SuccessConnect customer events. For more information, visit the SAP Newsroom.
About SuccessFactors, an SAP Company
SuccessFactors, an SAP company, is the leading provider of cloud-based Business Execution Software, and delivers business alignment, team execution, people performance, and learning management solutions to organizations of all sizes across more than 60 industries. With approximately 15 million subscription seats globally, we strive to delight our customers by delivering innovative solutions, content and analytics, process expertise and best practices insights from serving our broad and diverse customer base. Today, we have more than 3,500 customers in more than 168 countries using our application suite in 35 languages.
Execution Is The Difference™
Follow SuccessFactors on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SuccessFactors
Like SuccessFactors on LinkedIn: http://facebook.com/SuccessFactors
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 183,000 customers (includes customers from the acquisition of Sybase) to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2012 by SAP AG. All rights reserved.
SAP and the SAP logo are registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and other countries. Business Objects and the Business Objects logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Business Objects Software Ltd. Business Objects is an SAP company. Sybase and the Sybase logo are registered trademarks of Sybase Inc. Sybase is an SAP company. Crossgate is a registered trademark of Crossgate AG in Germany and other countries. Crossgate is an SAP company.
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
For more information, press only:
Janice Edman, SAP, +1 (650) 223-4817,email@example.com, PST
Astrid Poelchen, SAP, +49 160 90823192, firstname.lastname@example.org. CET
SAP Press Office, +49 (6227) 7-46315, CET; +1 (610) 661-3200, EST; email@example.com
Andrea Meyer, SuccessFactors, +1 (415) 370-7329, firstname.lastname@example.org, PST