SAP® StreamWork™ Integrates Popular Applications With Support for OpenSocial
SAP NEWSBYTE - Broadening the range of tools and functionality available to users of the SAP® StreamWork™ application, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) is introducing support for OpenSocial, a common set of programming standards used by many social web applications.
Developers of applications using the popular OpenSocial API (application programming interface) can now register their tools with SAP StreamWork and make them available to users via the "Tools Catalog" in SAP StreamWork.
Several companies have already taken advantage of this new development, including the following:
- Atlassian is offering issue tracking, collaboration and software development tools to help teams of SAP StreamWork users conceive, plan, build and launch great products.
- CS Odessa is offering ConceptDraw MindWave, a visual mind-mapping collaboration tool. The application supports team content generation during Web-conducted meetings and allows users to quickly construct interactive maps representing current or future projects and tasks.
- Doodle will help SAP StreamWork users save time and simplify the coordination of appointments with its online scheduling service.
- Google is offering the Google Translate gadget to translate between common languages in the world.
- GotDecisions, the leader in tradeoff-based decisions, is working within the SAP StreamWork collaborative framework to help colleagues make decisions using an approach that emulates the way the human brain works during decision-making.
- MindMeister is providing SAP StreamWork users with a brainstorming tool that uses a scientifically proven mind-mapping technique. The tool will help users review ideas and map out decisions.
"Our customers need ways to work quickly, flexibly and fluidly across a broad range of applications and capabilities, including what they already use today," said Holly Simmons, senior director, On Demand Marketing, SAP. "With OpenSocial, we’re pleased to be able to rapidly extend SAP StreamWork with solutions from leading organizations to deliver a productive user experience."
Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews. Follow SAP BusinessObjects at @businessobjects.
Scott Behles, +1 (212) 653-1328, email@example.com, EST
Jeff Shadid, Burson-Marsteller, +1 (214) 224-8419, firstname.lastname@example.org, CST