New Offering from SAP Helps Chemical Companies More Quickly Adopt Business Best Practices for Transformation and Rapid Time to Value
SAP NEWSBYTE - SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced a “chemical company in a box” package to help the chemical industry rapidly benefit from modern enterprise resource planning (ERP) software while reducing associated complexity, cost, effort and risk. The holistic offering for small and midsize chemical companies is designed to simplify the IT landscape, deployment and commercial terms, and makes it easier for them to become best-run by quickly adopting the benefits of SAP® software, rapidly capitalizing on SAP’s decades of industry expertise.
“When small and midsize companies look for a new ERP system, they want a holistic solution that meets their requirements as they grow and addresses their concerns about cost, complexity, implementation time and risk,” said Don Mahoney, vice president, Industry Business Solutions for Chemicals, SAP. “With this new package, SAP can offer a ‘chemical company in a box’ in the cloud, in memory and in your office in two days for evaluation and subsequent deployment. By offering one package through one vendor with one contract, our customers have a simple, yet scalable one-stop shop for their enterprise software and services.”
Teaming with qualified system integration partners, SAP developed the package based on the SAP® ERP application and the SAP® Best Practices for Chemicals package. The offering is comprised of the following components:
- Application: SAP ERP is the core application component, and partners offer supplemental solutions such as analytics, mobile or a simplified user interface option.
- Technology Platform: The SAP HANA® platform accelerates analytics and applications on a single, in-memory platform.
- Industry Template: SAP Best Practices for Chemicals speeds implementation projects through industry-specific business process pre-configuration, extensive documentation and built-in accelerators.
- Deployment: A hosted cloud-based environment helps keep total cost of ownership down, reducing the need to procure and maintain hardware.
- Licensing: One package is offered on one contract through one vendor. SAP partners provide a single contract for all software licenses, services and fees for the hosted or cloud-based environment. In addition, subscription-based hosting or cloud models are available through certain partners.
- Testing and Evaluation: Partners can provide a testing or evaluation landscape within two business days, allowing companies to get their project started quickly.
The offering is based on SAP HANA and enables companies to run their operational ERP and analytics systems on the same platform for real-time decision-making, reduced IT costs, greater business value and more engaged employees.
For more information, visit the SAP Newsroom. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
Jochen Wolf, +49 6227 7-45059, email@example.com, CET