SAP Event Series, “Conversations on the Future of Business,” Brings Big Minds Together to Uncover Business Best Practices
SAP NEWSBYTE - SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) will bring some of the top business and economic leaders together in seven North American cities this fall as part of its “Conversations on the Future of Business” event series. Attendees will have an opportunity to hear from SAP executives as well as unique speakers in each city:
- October 10, 2013 – Chicago, IL, at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare. Speakers will include Bill Foulkes, entrepreneur, strategic planning and marketing consultant and faculty member at the Rhode Island School of Design; Dan Wagner, CEO and founder of Civis Analytics; and Jacob Morgan, principal and co-founder of Chess Media Group.
- October 16, 2013 – New York, NY, at MetLife Stadium. Speakers will include Nate Silver, author, statistician and founder of award-winning political website FiveThirtyEight.com; Don Tapscott, best-selling author and renowned media theorist; Josh Linkner, entrepreneur and author; and Jacob Morgan.
- October 22, 2013 – Half Moon Bay, CA, at the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay. Speakers will include Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari and the “father” of the video game industry; and Jacob Morgan.
- October 22, 2013 – St. Louis, MO, at Edgewild Restaurant & Winery. Marshall Faulk, SAP ambassador and First Ballot Hall of Fame Running Back, will speak.
- October 24, 2013 – Laguna Niguel, CA, at the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel. Speakers will include Peter Guber, CEO of Mandalay Entertainment Group, owner of the Golden State Warriors and co-owner of the Dodgers; and Jacob Morgan.
- October 29 and 30th, 2013 – Miami, FL, at the Hyatt Regency Miami. Marshall Faulk will speak.
- November 7, 2013 – Toronto, ON, at Airship 37. Nate Silver will give the keynote presentation.
Topics will center on big business challenges and opportunities that have universal applicability across organizations regardless of industry, line of business, segment or region. Attendees will have a unique opportunity to discuss the future of business as it relates to global economic, human and technology trends that are transforming the world.
Conversations will focus on five key concepts:
- “Customer Centricity” will explore how organizations can leverage technologies and models of engagement to reinvent the customer experience. At the same time, emerging technologies such as big data, analytics and real-time computing bring within reach previously impossible insights into businesses, markets and customers.
- “Insight-Driven Innovation ” will explore how insights can be an engine of innovation, as long as people have technical, organizational and leadership architectures in place that “trust the data” to drive decision-making through all levels of the business.
- “Unlocking Human Potential” will look at the future of business as it relates to people strategy, focusing on how to capture opportunities presented by a global marketplace of talent, an increasingly mobile workforce, the rising millennial generation of workers and new models of work and collaboration.
- These workforce members, as well as businesses, are extending their reach and impact through networks. This topic will be explored in “The Power of Networks,” which defines new types of relationships, variables for interdependence and multiplier effects like “network intelligence.”
- As global competition for in-demand resources intensifies, “Resource Optimization” must be core to an organization’s business strategy. It is more than optimizing the supply chain, it is about how to make strategic deployment decisions, such as moving to a cloud-based enterprise computing platform.
For more information, visit SAP.com/conversations and the SAP Newsroom. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
Evan Welsh, SAP, +1 (610) 203-9742, firstname.lastname@example.org, EDT
Amy Fisher, PadillaCRT, +1 (612) 455-1773, email@example.com, CDT