Newsbyte: SAP Labs India Chosen Among Best Employers for 2013
2013 Edition of Aon Hewitt’s Best Employer Survey recognizes SAP Labs India as one of the 17 best organizations in India to work for
SAP NEWSBYTE -
SAP Labs India announced being named among the 17 Best Employers in India for 2013, by Aon Hewitt. SAP Labs India was recognized for engaging employees, creating a compelling employer brand, establishing a culture of high performance and developing effective leadership.
"This is a moment of great pride for us and we are thrilled that our human resource policies, employer branding programs and innovation initiatives have been recognized by Aon Hewitt," said Anirban Dey, Managing Director, SAP Labs India. "It is a testament to the effort put in by our employees and leadership team".
Congratulating SAP Labs India, Tarandeep Singh, Partner and Engagement Practice Leader, Aon Hewitt stated, "SAP Labs displays all the right ingredients which make a Best Employer- strong financials and business performance, alignment between business and HR, and high scores on all parameters, as rated by employees. There were some factors which decisively set apart SAP Labs from other organizations, for instance, the sheer number of initiatives that the organization is undertaking around diversity and inclusion (D&I) to improve the availability of opportunities for women and people with disability. D&I is a thrust area for business, and not merely a ‘good to have’. The organization has co-created some HR policies with employees as part of Project Ignite, reflecting a culture of empowerment, trust and transparency."
Some innovative HR policies and programs that drove Diversity and Inclusion in SAP Labs are:
- Business Women Network (BWN) which aims to provide support, education and networking opportunities for women in business.
- Maternity Return Program which focuses on making the return of a female employee, post maternity leave as smooth as possible.
- Woman of Substance a platform for women employees to send in their stories or for their colleagues to nominate outstanding achievers who have overcome personal adversities.
Aon Hewit uses three data sources to identify the Best Employers. The alignment between the CEO’s strategic goals, HR’s input on programs that meet these goals and employee opinion is examined. This data is then analyzed, and played back in a "masked" format to a credible, external jury, which determines a final list of Best Employers.
Aon Hewitt began the Best Employers research in Asia in 2001 to:
- Provide insights into how organizations can create real competitive advantage through people
- Explore what makes a workplace of choice
- Identify a list of best employers in Asia and identify their innovative people practices
The Aon Hewitt Best Employers Study is conducted in twelve countries in Asia Pacific: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand, as well as in Australia and New Zealand.
For more information, visit the SAP Newsroom
Subramanyam Rathnam, SAP Labs India, +91 7829411779, email@example.com
Sandeep Deb Varman, Genesis Burson-Marsteller, +91 9916020191, Sandeep.firstname.lastname@example.org