SAP Delivers Significant Innovations to Line-of-Business Cloud Applications
Empowering Customers to Run Their Businesses at the Right Speed, in the Right Direction
ORLANDO, Fla. - SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today introduced significant innovations to its portfolio of line-of-business cloud applications. To simplify their technology deployments, best-run companies are shifting from adhoc spending to making strategic investments on one platform that span on-premise, managed and public cloud environments. SAP yesterday announced its vision of a unified cloud strategy to help businesses leverage and extend existing investments to bring cloud and cloud-enabled solutions onto one common SAP HANA® Cloud Platform.
To empower line-of-business users, SAP delivers the most comprehensive portfolio of line-of-business cloud applications with more than 29 million users for four focus areas: People, Customer, Money and Supplier. The portfolio includes solutions from SAP companies Ariba and SuccessFactors as well as the SAP® Cloud for Customer (formerly SAP Customer OnDemand), SAP® Cloud for Financials (formerly SAP Financials OnDemand) and SAP Business ByDesign® solutions.
“Cloud solutions from SAP provide us with the velocity we need to listen to and engage with our customers like never before,” said Krissy Espindola, knowledge management and social customer support, T-Mobile. “We’ve tried other solutions on the market, and we chose SAP for its superior product, faster implementation and delightful user experience.”
SAP HANA Cloud Platform enables a holistic strategy for integration. Using prepackaged integration flows, customers can leverage best-practice templates to extend their on-premise SAP software investments with line-of-business cloud applications and best-of-breed third-party applications. Customers can benefit from the reduction of implementation time and total cost of ownership, as well as peace of mind knowing that SAP monitors, supports and manages technology upgrades.
“We live in an era where slow kills companies fast,” said Lars Dalgaard, member of the Executive Board of SAP AG and CEO of SuccessFactors. “We know that the move to the cloud must be a thoughtful evolution that allows customers to leverage their current investments. We are offering a strategy for our customers to help them execute business with the velocity they need by engaging their people, customers and suppliers to execute at scale. We now have the most complete set of offerings in the world to solve business objectives, in virtually every industry, and use case.”
Design and ease-of-use are key to user adoption and today SAP announced the latest innovations to its line-of-business cloud applications.
SuccessFactors: Accelerating Workforce Performance and Business Execution
Companies not only need to improve HR efficiency, they also need to improve how they attract, engage and retain their workforce. Key innovations benefit customers by:
- SuccessFactors Employee Central: Expanding global capabilities and addressing local business needs in 29 new countries, bringing the total number of dedicated country versions to 51. In addition, SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll is extending support to Japan and Russia, bringing the total to 22 countries for the payroll solution.
- SuccessFactors Onboarding: Laying the foundation for productive and engaged employees, the solution provides step-by-step guidance for the hiring manager, socialization capabilities and rich employee profile functionality.
- SuccessFactors Learning: Offering a redesigned learning homepage featuring customizable tile-based user interface with content tiles, thumbnail images and course descriptions and a combined catalog search. This provides an enhanced user experience, support for faster time to learning completion, improved employee engagement and self-development.
For details around the latest update and links to product demos, see: “Fact Sheet: SuccessFactors BizX Suite
SAP Cloud for Customer: More Impactful Customer Engagement
SAP has more than doubled the customer base for SAP Cloud for Customer quarter-over-quarter for each of the past five quarters. SAP Cloud for Customer provides the underlying technology for cloud solutions designed for marketing, sales and service organizations: SAP Cloud® for Sales, SAP® Cloud for Service and SAP® Cloud for Social Engagement solutions as well as the SAP® Social Media Analytics application by NetBase. Key innovations benefit customers by:
- Redesigning the SAP Cloud for Customer user experience by co-innovating with SAP customers is more than just being sleek. The solution mirrors the way marketing, sales and service professionals work today. It arms users with the right messages and the right answers to help customer-facing teams guide customers through their entire journey from prospect to promoter.
- Resolving customer issues faster by creating new quotes and sales orders from service tickets. Applying fast and flexible integration with the enterprise resource planning (ERP) application SAP® ERP, SAP Cloud for Customer provides the underlying technology for sales, service and marketing cloud solutions at a low cost and in short timeframes.
- Transforming relevant customer conversations into service tickets no matter where customer communication happens – e-mail, phone, Web self-service portals, social media or chat – with the SAP Cloud for Service and SAP Cloud for Social Engagement solutions. An updated call-to-resolution process, with tighter computer telephony integration can increase agent productivity by helping ensure that customer service agents are provided with complete account and contact information. SAP Cloud for Service, through native integration with SAP HANA® Cloud Portal, support site option, now supports product registrations as well as business-to-consumer scenarios for end users.
For details around the latest update and links to product demos, see: “Fact Sheet: SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Cloud for Financials: Increasing Speed and Accuracy With New Global, Mobile and Integration Capabilities
Whether companies are identifying new business opportunities, reacting to market dynamics or providing insights into financial performance, they need an integrated, mobile-enabled financial management solution that supports complex requirements. Key innovations benefit customers by:
- Minimizing the burden of managing a global business with three additional country versions: Austria, Denmark and New Zealand now supporting global and local financial reporting and taxation standards, for 14 countries.
- Delivering a complete end-to-end solution for order-to-cash, procure-to-pay and electronic payment processing created by integrating with third-party systems. The solution helps streamline administrative work and provides rich accounting audit trails to help simplify compliance.
- Reducing the cost and effort of managing electronic bank integrations for transmitting payment information, enabling quick and easy communication with all their banks and business partners.
For details around the latest update and links to product demos, see: “Fact Sheet: SAP Cloud for Financials
SAP Cloud for Travel: Powers Seamless Expense Management, Simplified Reporting and New Analytics
Companies can cut travel costs and complexity while increasing compliance and employee productivity through analytics and increased transparency. Key innovations benefit customers by decreasing the number of manual corrections needed by increasing the image quality of receipts on mobile devices, which improves the accuracy of data recognition. Customers can now make expense reporting a quick, paperless process by taking photos of their receipts with mobile devices and attaching them to expense reports at any time, from any location.
For details around the latest update and links to product demos, see: “Fact Sheet: SAP Cloud for Travel.”
SAP Business ByDesign: More Functionality for Professional Services, Distribution and Subsidiaries
The solution combines all the benefits of business applications today while helping reduce demands on IT. Key innovations benefit customers by:
- Identifying milestone billings in projects helps service organizations better manage their cash flow and collections process.
- Enabling payment terms and discounting help improve sales contracts for higher competitiveness. Batch management capabilities in logistics extend the selection of products based on expiration dates and shelf lives to maximize product value.
- Adding new country versions for Japan and New Zealand. Enhanced localization kit supports rapid deployment of company-specific localizations that can be used across other companies
For details around the latest update and links to product demos, see: “Fact Sheet: SAP Business ByDesign
Ariba Cloud Applications: Driving New Levels of Productivity and Profits
Ariba offers industry-leading cloud-based procurement and invoicing applications with the world’s largest Web-based trading community. The company recently announced several updates to its cloud applications portfolio designed to help buyers and sellers achieve new levels of productivity and profits. Key innovations benefit customers:
- Ariba Services Procurement: Adding new features such as contractor on/off boarding, improved time sheets, light industrial collaboration and vendor tiering allow companies to better manage their statement of work (SOW) and temporary labor spend using a network-centric approach.
- Services Invoicing: Expanding features enable customers to manage more complex and estimate-based services spend by providing needed capabilities such as service entry sheets, contract compliance and workflow.
- Ariba Spend Analytics: Leveraging more than 15 years of transactional, relationship and community-generated information accessible on the Ariba Network to gain new, real-time insights that enable them to make better decisions. And through integration with the SAP HANA Cloud Platform, they can get this information to the right people in the right places faster than ever and transform their businesses.
Ariba Network: Delivering Advanced Collaborative Tools and Community-Based insights
The Ariba Network not only removes the hassles and costs of enterprise collaboration but also delivers unique capabilities and insights that are only available in a true, open networked model. Key innovations benefit customers by:
- Integrating Ariba’s on-demand sourcing and procurement solutions and Ariba Discovery™, so that buyers connected to the Ariba Network can quickly discover and qualify new sources of supply for one-off, time-sensitive or hard-to-find purchases.
- Delivering network-derived intelligence and community-generated content directly into the context of specific business processes and use cases through Ariba Recommendations, so that companies can make more informed decisions at the point of transaction or activity.
SAP has also released a rapid-deployment solution to make it fast and simple for customers running the SAP® Business One application to rapidly integrate with the Ariba Network and reap the benefits that it provides.
For announcements, blog posts, videos and other coverage during SAPPHIRE NOW, visit the SAP Newsroom.
With SAPPHIRE® NOW, SAP offers its customers, partners and prospects even more opportunities to engage in dialogue with peers, participants and thought leaders around the globe. Being held in Orlando, Florida, May 14-16, 2013, this enhanced, real-time event connects attendees on-site with global participants through state-of-the-art broadcast studios and an online experience that incorporates the latest social media and community functionality. Whether on-site or online, participants can gain insight as to how SAP is delivering on its product strategy and helping organizations around the world to run better. For more information, visit www.sapphirenow.com. Follow SAPPHIRE NOW on Twitter at @SAPPHIRENOW and visit the SAP Newsroom at www.news-sap.com.
Note to Editors:
Webcasts, announcements, media roundtables, keynote presentations and blog posts from SAPPHIRE NOW will be available in the SAP Newsroom at: www.news-sap.com. To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos. On this platform, you can find high-resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via e-mail links and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 238,000 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
For more information, press only:
Daniella Klopocki, +1 (650) 762-4410, email@example.com, PDT
SAP Press Office, +49 (6227) 7-46315, CET; +1 (610) 661-3200, EDT; firstname.lastname@example.org