SAP NetWeaver BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
COMPONENTS & TOOLS OF SAP NetWeaver
Timely access to relevant information has always been critical to business success. Now, with the widespread use of the Internet, wired and wireless data collection technologies such as RFID, and the subsequent increase in new data sources, it's even more important.
SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence (SAP NetWeaver BI) paints a complete picture of your business. As a component of the SAP NetWeaver platform, SAP NetWeaver BI is key to bringing together powerful business intelligence infrastructure, a comprehensive set of tools, planning and simulation capabilities, and data-warehousing functionality -- delivered through sophisticated and user-centric enterprise portal technology to provide a coherent, comprehensive solution.
With SAP NetWeaver BI, you can integrate data from across the enterprise and beyond, and then transform it into practical, timely business information to drive sound decision-making, targeted action, and solid business results.
SAP NetWeaver BI satisfies the diverse needs of end users, IT professionals, and senior management. It offers features and functions for:
- Data warehousing -- Data warehouse management, business modeling, and extraction, transformation, and loading enable you to build data warehouses, model information architecture according to business structure, and manage data from multiple sources.
- Business Intelligence (BI software) -- Online analytical processing, data mining, and alerts provide a foundation for accessing and presenting data, searching for patterns, and identifying exceptions.
- Business insights -- Query design, reporting and analysis, and Web application design allow you to create analysis reports, support decisions at every level, and present business intelligence applications on the Web.
- Measurement and management -- Business-content management, metadata management, and collaborative business intelligence monitor progress, provide reporting templates, ensure consistent data, and help decision-makers work together.
- Open hub services -- Open hub services features enable the delivery of high-quality, audited enterprise information through Web services to applications. Bulk data exchange, change data capture (CDC), and modeling features streamline deployment and enable cost-effective operations.
- Information broadcasting -- Information broadcasting features support the distribution of mass information to large audiences in a personalized and secure manner. You can broadcast information as an offline document or live report through personalized e-mail or the Internet, according to a schedule or based on key events.
- High performance analytics -- Based on compressions, parallel in-memory processing, and search technologies, the SAP NetWeaver BI accelerator functionality improves the performance of queries, reduces administration tasks, and shortens batch processes. Developed jointly with Intel Corporation, the accelerator runs on state-of-the-art chips, such as the Intel Xeon 64-bit chip, and can be deployed on affordable blade server technology.