THE BUSINESS CASE FOR SUSTAINABILITY
DRIVING SHORT- AND LONG-TERM PROFITABILITY
Over the last couple of years, the business environment has fundamentally shifted. Organizations are operating more and more in global business networks and are now facing an economic crisis that is forcing them to focus on profitability and cash flow.
As the current global environmental and social climate worsens, businesses need to take control of increased risks and seize new, hidden opportunities for profitability:
- Regulations on the local, regional, and global level are proliferating.
Managing regulation compliance is notoriously error-prone, cumbersome, and expensive. However, once automated, these compliance processes can be leveraged to reduce cost and risk, while creating competitive differentiation never before seen.
- Brand reputation, market share, and stakeholder value depend on sustainable operations.
Customers and stakeholders alike are demanding accountability and transparency over business practices and sustainable operations. By leveraging technology and best practices from sustainability thought leaders, you can measure, model, and analyze your sustainability performance – enhancing your brand and market share now and for years to come.
- Energy and natural resource efficiency is more important now than ever before.
Natural resources continue to become increasingly scarce and expensive. Take control of your processes to optimize energy and natural resource consumption of all your operations (even your IT data centers), protecting your profitability in light of volatility.
Deliver Business Processes that Improve Sustainability
The need for comprehensive, unified solutions around sustainability topics is considerable. Solutions need to support data collection, analysis, and management in an automated, standardized, and cost-efficient way with all relevant information linked into existing systems for procurement, finance, controlling, supply chain management, or delivery.
SAP solutions and services provide the easiest way for companies to holistically manage sustainable operations and to achieve new levels of business process excellence. SAP is the only technology provider that:
- Offers industry-specific solutions for sustainability that can be integrated company-wide
- Enables visibility into data in one source, accurate and timely reporting, and easier overall compliance – no matter whether you manage people, emissions, products, or materials
- Delivers sustainability capabilities that can be embedded across all analytical and operational processes
Learn more about SAP's solutions for sustainability.