Internal Shared Services vs. Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Webcast
Generating value and fully leveraging technology
|Can BPO provide more cost reduction, risk management, and quality improvement? When? Obtain a neutral perspective, clear evaluation criteria, and concrete examples.
The popularity of Shared Services continues to grow, with over 70% of large European Finance and Accounting functions now operating their back office processes in this way. Practitioners increasingly opt to pass responsibility for the operation to BPO providers. But why? Is BPO really a "step beyond" Shared Services in creating value for a company? Can BPO provide better cost reduction, risk management, and quality improvement?
In some cases, BPO can allow you to realise the benefits of each level with less "pain", but it's by no means a one size fits all solution. However, technology continues to play an increasingly important role in both models – and whichever route you decide upon, you need to fully leverage technology as an enabler alongside other available tools and methodologies to generate more value.
During this webcast you will explore the questions you must ask to find out what model best fits your organisation, and how you can gain further efficiencies through technology in either case.
Learn how to:
- Drive down cost and risk, and improve process quality sustainably by using technology as a major value generator
- Identify the main levers of value creation for Shared Services and BPO through a cost/quality/risk scorecard
- Recognise when BPO could yield additional benefits for your organisation (dependant on your specific customer profile e.g. your company, your provider, your scope for consideration, your new organisational design)
- Learn from the lessons and experience that flagship BPO deals have taught us
- Gianni Giacomelli, Head of Strategy, SAP BPO
Gianni is responsible for the development of SAP's BPO strategy. He has 15 years of experience in organisational transformation and corporate development. Prior to his role at SAP, he was an Engagement Director with US-based outsourcing advisor Everest Group where he focused on BPO, applications outsourcing and offshoring.
To learn more, register for a telepresence workshop