Solution and Performance Selling
Create quotations and performance-based contracts with our industrial machinery solutions. And, take care of equipment and tool management at the same time.
- Increase profits by improving RFQ/RFP processes, margin management, and demand generation
- Improve customer service with world-class interaction center management
- Simplify marketing activities with superior resource management and target marketing
Integrated Product Development
Discover why innovation is one of the most important topics for industrial machinery and components companies.
- Collaborate efficiently in early design phases to handle complex product structures
- Synchronize engineering, manufacturing, and service bills of materials to improve efficiency and
- Increase visibility across departments with embedded analytics and a harmonized user interface
Configurable Products Sales
Tap into powerful product configuration capabilities across the entire lifecycle – from forecasting and guided selling to order processing and final billing.
- Drive customer loyalty and satisfaction with configurable solutions that meet unique needs
- Leverage guided selling to maximize productivity, and reduce reliance on engineering expertise
- Lower sales management and sales training costs with fast, easy-to-learn configuration processes
Project Lifecycle Management
Get complete project lifecycle management capabilities, including quoting, costing, engineering, manufacturing, installation, billing, service, and maintenance.
- Minimize time to profit for new projects by saving time in research, development, and engineering
- Drive sourcing and quality cost savings by using economies of scale during the manufacturing ramp-up
- Ensure transparency in project activities across customers, suppliers, contractors, and employees
Solution in Detail: SAP Portfolio and Project Management
Collaborative Demand and Supply Planning
Balance demand and supply. Respond quickly to changes with integrated demand forecasting, sales and operations planning, and supply network collaboration.
- Synchronize demand and supply to drive up in-stock rates and increase planning efficiency
- Improve demand visibility and responsiveness across customers, suppliers, contractors, and employees
- Improve on-time delivery performance to increase customer loyalty and satisfaction
Demo: Collaborative Demand and Supply Planning
Engineer-to-Order (ETO) and Project Manufacturing
Optimize the ETO plan-to-produce process – including enterprise planning and control, plant-level operations, manufacturing execution, and product compliance.
- Run efficient ETO operations to cut costs, satisfy customers, and meet safety and quality standards
- Get the insight you need to keep operations humming with manufacturing intelligence
- Make supply and demand data available anytime, anywhere
Cinterion: Managing Engineer-to-Order Processes
Service Parts Planning and Logistics
Make sure you have the right parts in the right place at the right time. Manage service parts efficiently across ordering, planning, and execution.
- Increase service reliability, availability, and revenues with our service parts planning software
- Grow service revenue and margins – and make service a key competitive differentiator
- Become a leading service profit center by using our service operations and warehousing software
FAQ: SAP Software for Service Parts Planning
Efficient Manufacturing Operations
Perfect your entire plan-to-produce process – including enterprise planning and control, plant-level
operations, manufacturing execution, and product compliance.
- Streamline operations to cut costs, satisfy customers, and meet safety and quality standards
- Run manufacturing operations faster and smarter by optimizing execution and inventory
- Ensure compliance with environmental, health, and safety regulations
Demo: Efficient Manufacturing Operations
Service Management of Field Service, Warranties, and Returns
Tightly manage service orders, scheduling, dispatch, contracts, billing, and spare parts for your installed base of customers.
- Equip field service technicians with mobility tools to keep service and product return costs low
- Promote the complete service lifecycle to improve customer satisfaction and efficiency metrics
- Grow revenue and profit margins on returns, repairs, warranties, maintenance, and field services
Manufacturing Network Planning and Execution
Increase visibility across a network of internal plants and outsourced manufacturers – for greater integration and collaboration.
- Reduce lead times, inventory levels, and over-shipments through better supplier communication
- Gain greater control over procurement operations and landed costs
- Minimize payment discrepancies and improve electronic billing – so you can replace paper invoices
Sauer-Danfoss: Building Web-Based Interface for Suppliers
Get mobile, Web, and subscription solutions to help your sales, service, and marketing teams work efficiently, close deals quickly, and improve customer loyalty.
- Get world-class sales functionality in a software-as-a-service or cloud delivery model
- Take advantage of subscription-based pricing and SAP ERP integration for fast ROI
- Provide your sales force with access to productivity tools and information – anywhere, anytime
Demo: SAP Cloud For Sales for iPhone, iPad, and Blackberry
Logistics and Fulfillment Management
Get fulfillment tools that help you promise orders, manage inbound and outbound freight, and ensure efficient receiving, storage, and shipping processes.
- Ensure optimal inventory levels by managing and tracking in- and out-bound warehousing activity
- Use robust supply chain processes to maximize asset use and cut inventory and transportation costs
- Consolidate orders to improve available-to-promise commitments and on-time delivery performance
Artoni: Improving Operational Efficiency and Reducing Logistics Costs
Make-to-Order (MTO) Manufacturing
Initiate the entire MTO plan-to-produce process, including enterprise planning and control, plant-level operations, manufacturing execution, and product compliance.
- Run efficient MTO operations to reduce costs, while satisfying customers and quality and safety standards
- Keep MTO operations humming with our manufacturing integration and intelligence software
- Ensure MTO supply and demand data availability with our supply chain performance software
Areva: Running Better Manufacturing
Advanced Reverse Logistics Management
Improve operations and analytics for reverse logistics – including warranty, returns, and repair processes – using our industrial machinery and component solutions.
- Boost warranty service levels while speeding up repair and return processes
- Ensure timely collection and reporting of warranty information – to protect profit
- Drive down costs by using predictive analytics along with user-friendly tools and dashboards
Optimized Asset Operations and Maintenance
Manage all aspects of asset operations – from procedure documentation to shutdown planning, viewing of open
work orders, and coordinating purchased services.
- Improve run time and equipment reliability – while cutting costs – with integrated maintenance
- Gain greater visibility and control of manufacturing operations
- React faster to unplanned disruptions, increase asset uptime, and narrow process variability
Solution Brief: Integrate the Plant Floor and the Enterprise
Continuous Product and Service Innovation
Respond quickly to market needs by managing your portfolio performance, product road map, ideas, concepts, innovation, resources, and costs.
- Link continuous innovation with program and project performance – and understand the impacts
- Foster a culture of innovation with better research, development, and engineering processes
- Connect key functions in a closed feedback loop – enabling continuous improvement
Success Story: Textile Company Establishes Virtual Teams
Solution in Detail: How to Foster Continuous Innovation
Embedded Product Compliance
Track and document product properties and the use of materials and chemicals to comply with trading and environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) regulations.
- Protect your brand from costly noncompliance by mitigating product design and distribution risks
- Rely on embedded product compliance, and keep pace with evolving global regulations
- Introduce a clean, cross-functional process to make compliance easier – reducing your risk
Solution in Detail: Embedded Product Compliance
Improve your sales forecasting, territory planning, account maintenance, pipeline management, and demand planning – by relying on integrated and automated sales solution.
- Help your sales force acquire profitable customers, speed buying decisions, and improve productivity
- Increase revenue and foster sales force potential with customer relationship management software
- Tighten account data control, and improve accurate reporting on sales leads and opportunities
Centralized Sourcing and Contract Management
Manage sourcing and contracts centrally by connecting supplier management, sourcing, contract management, and operational procurement processes.
- Gain visibility into demand, maximize savings, and reduce supply chain risk
- Ensure global contract compliance, and mitigate contract risk
- Rely on procurement processes specifically designed for industrial machinery companies
Solution Brief: Sourcing Solution for Rapid and Sustainable Savings
Solutions Designed for Growing Industrial Machinery Companies
Improve operating efficiencies for future growth in the industrial machinery and components industry – and fast deployment for a rapid return on investment.
- Reduce time to market, and increase response to dynamic customer demand
- React quickly to supply disruptions with better visibility and collaboration
- Improve global cost management and faster response times to operational events
Solution Brief: SAP for IM&C Solution
Web Link: SME Microsite