Meet market demand and deliver innovative products ahead of the competition to grow market share and profitability in the automotive industry.
- Collaborate efficiently in design phases for complex product structures
- Increase visibility across all processes with embedded analytics and harmonized UI
- Maximize component reuse and communicate with a single system
- Synchronize engineering and manufacturing to enable smooth transition to production
BorgWarner: Supercharging Development Collaboration
Track and document product properties and the sale of material and chemicals to comply with trade and environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) regulations.
- Avoid costly noncompliance by mitigating product design and distribution risks
- Keep pace with evolving global regulation with embedded product compliance
- Reduce risk by introducing a clean cross-functional process
Solution in Detail: Embedded Product Compliance
Sourcing and Contract Management for Direct and Indirect Material
Centrally manage the sourcing of direct and indirect material by connecting supplier and contract management, sourcing, and operational procurement processes.
- Get visibility into demand and spend to maximize savings and reduce supply chain risk
- Ensure global contract compliance and mitigate contract risk
- Rely on procurement processes specifically designed for automotive companies
Sourcing and Procurement for Indirect Material
Enable end-to-end sourcing and procurement by connecting spend analysis and on-demand strategic sourcing with contract management and operational procurement.
- Reduce costs, increase contract compliance, and improve purchasing productivity
- Apply consistent, negotiated terms and conditions
- Analyze spend to create management and savings opportunities
Piaggio: Avoiding Obstacles and Moving Forward
Lean Manufacturing Operations
Perfect your entire plan-to-produce process – including enterprise planning and control, plant-level operations, manufacturing execution, and product compliance.
- Streamline operations to reduce costs and meet customer needs and safety standards
- Run manufacturing processes efficiently by optimizing execution and inventory
- Ensure compliance with environmental, health, and safety regulations
White Paper: Boost Efficiency Across Your Supply Network
Make-to-Order (MTO) Manufacturing
Initiate the entire MTO process – including enterprise planning and control, plant operations, sequencing, manufacturing execution, and compliance requirements.
- Run accurately sequenced MTO operations, reducing costs while meeting standards
- Keep MTO operations humming with manufacturing integration and intelligence
- Ensure MTO supply and demand data availability to meet sequencing requirements
Overview Video: Industries Run SAP
Manage all aspects of asset operations – from procedure documents to shutdown planning, open work orders, and coordination of purchased services.
- Improve run time visibility, while cutting costs, with integrated management
- Gain visibility and control of manufacturing operations
- React quickly to disruptions and increase asset uptime and utilization
Solution Brief: Asset Visibility and Performance
Operational Procurement and Inbound Logistics for Direct Material
Ensure supply across global supply networks while optimizing inventory for forecast, just-in-time, or supplier-managed inventory.
- Harmonize and standardize supply processes for direct material
- Optimize inventory levels
- Obtain visibility and collaboration across the entire supply chain
- Manufacture based on lean principles
White Paper: Boost Efficiency Across Your Supply Network
Service Parts Management
Ensure the availability of the right part at the right time. Manage service parts efficiently across planning, warehousing, ordering, and delivery execution.
- Increase service availability and delivery
- Grow service revenue and margin
- Satisfy customers and make service a key competitive differentiator
- Boost profits with greater service parts and extended warehouse efficiency
Supply Chain Event Management
Manage every link in your extended supply chain by tracking all of your logistics and fulfillment processes and assets – for greater visibility and control.
- Stay on top of activities across your automotive supply chain
- Spot potential problems early so you can take immediate action
- Increase customer satisfaction with better issue resolution
- Reduce costs, mitigate risks, and improve collaboration
SAP Event Management: Power and Sophistication to Manage Your Extended Supply Chain
Dealer Business Management
Turn your dealership into a customer-centric enterprise – building customers for life while maximizing cash flow and profitability.
- Grow your business by improving cash flow, profitability, and customer loyalty
- Sell more vehicles at better margins
- Meet customer service expectations at every visit
- Reduce inventory by ensuring the right parts are available for sale
Vehicle Sales Management
Align stakeholders to optimize vehicle sales management across the distribution chain by using SAP solutions for automotive supply chain.
- Integrate channel partner stakeholders
- Create full transparency throughout the distribution chain
- Provide custom marketing reports based on holistic views of customers and vehicles
After-Sales Support and Service
Manage service requests and orders, returns, contract-based entitlements and SLAs, warranty claims, multichannel communications, and post-sales offers.
- Increase revenue while reducing the high cost of service
- Connect service, sales, and marketing
- Get a clearer view of all relevant data to provide better customer service
- Improve warranty claims processing efficiency
Carnation Auto: Up to 20% Reduced Service Parts Inventory*
Human Resources Management
Meet the challenges of globalization, increase efficiency and transparency, and standardize processes – all while improving compliance.
- Improve HR process efficiency and lower cost
- Optimize global processes
- Create a foundation to manage talent, hire, and train faster
- Mitigate risk and challenges of global systems
MAN Truck & Bus: Reduced HR Administration Work by 15%*
Achieve superior financial performance in a world of accelerating and challenging change by leveraging resources, people, and technology.
- Close books quickly and accurately
- Reduce the cost of managing risk and compliance
- Streamline processes to reduce cost
- Manage liquidity and cash
- Focus on opportunities and adapt quickly to change
Grupo Antolin: Increased Financial Forecast Accuracy by 60%*
Drive efficiency and performance, gain organizational control, and adapt to shifting business demands with software for the automotive supply chain.
- Analyze operations based on large volumes of complex data
- Achieve secure access to business processes and data, anytime and anywhere
- Compose and adapt processes that address the unique needs of your customers
- Adapt to accelerating change and manage your IT infrastructure in an integrated way
Automotive Solutions for Small and Medium Enterprises
Support innovation by gaining efficiencies in your automotive supply chain – while streamlining your sales, manufacturing, finance, and management processes.
- Improve visibility to reduce inventory and cost of materials
- Speed up time to market over the entire product lifecycle
- Meet customer demand with a better understanding of requirements
- Improve cycle time and capacity – while reducing capital needs