CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
SAP NORTH AMERICA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
As an information technology leader, SAP recognizes and embraces its commitment to the communities in which we live and work. We believe the private sector plays a vital role in creating a level playing field and building an environment that embraces education, technology, and innovation. By enabling people to develop their own skills, creativity, and solutions, they will be better equipped to help themselves and take an active and rewarding role in their communities.
About the SAP North America Scholarship Program
The SAP North America Scholarship Program wishes to recognize outstanding undergraduate students pursuing a degree in business, computer science, mathematics, or engineering. Each academic year, SAP will award up to 15 students with a $5,000 scholarship (in local currency) that is intended to assist students in defraying tuition expenses for that one academic year, under the following terms:
- Scholarship funds are intended to assist the student in defraying tuition expenses and may not be used to cover other costs, such as books, room, or board.
- If annual tuition is less than $5,000, the remaining amount may be carried forward to the next academic year, without the need for the student to requalify for that subsequent year.
- The scholarship payment will be made directly to the designated and eligible university and is not transferable to other academic institutions
The student applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student and making satisfactory progress within a four-year undergraduate program in an eligible university
- Must be commencing the junior/third or senior/fourth year of study in the scholastic year for which the scholarship is granted
- Currently pursuing a bachelors degree in:
- Computer science
- Cumulative overall GPA of at least 3.5 (based on a 4.0 scale), 4.4 (based on a 5.0 scale), or 10.5 (based on a 12.0 scale) for all undergraduate classes, as of July 31, 2011
- May not have previously received a scholarship award under this program or from SAP
- May not be a child, spouse, or relative of an SAP employee
- Must have fully completed and timely submitted all application materials
Student applicants can find program materials and the application at www.easymatch.com/sapscholarship. Applications are due at 5 p.m. EST on October 1, 2011. Applications received after this time will not be reviewed. The student applicant must complete and submit all of the following documents electronically via www.easymatch.com/sapscholarship:
- Completed online application, answering all questions
- Current resume
- Up-to-date copy of your university or college transcript
- A letter of reference from a faculty member who knows your qualifications for this award
Contact us at SAPScholarship@easymatch.com.