The data mart scenario is one use of the Business Intelligence capabilities of SAP NetWeaver. The data mart contains a static snapshot of operational data. Multiple users run queries on this data in 10 InfoCubes which contain 2,500,000,000 records. The key figure is the number of query navigation steps/hour.
Two-tier Internet configuration, SAP NetWeaver Release 2004s, SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ›
Three-tier Internet configuration, SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ›
Note: The BI-D results can not be compared with the results of the query phase of the BW benchmark as different queries are executed.
The following actions are simulated in an SD InfoCube.
- 1. Query 1: Select a year
- 2. Within the year, drill down to a specific country
- 3. Within the country, drill down to a specific sales organization
- 4. Within the sales organization, drill down to distribution channel
- 5. Within the distribution channel, drill down to type, version, and material number
- 6. Change material number and customer number
- 7. Start new query including formulas
- 8. Query 2: Start a new query that retrieves the yearly and quarterly sales volumes for different types of ranges, e.g. sales organizations
- 9. Query 3: Similar to query 1 for country, sales organization, and distribution channel
- 10. Within this query, expand to material level two
- 11. Expand to level three