How close are you to being a Digital Enterprise?
This award aims to recognize a customer's business transformation that has been enabled through partnership with SAP Business Transformation Services and by SAP technology. This customer has made the biggest leap forward towards becoming a Digital Enterprise. (“Digital Enterprise” designates a company – irrespective of its history or its industry – whose IT plays a dominant role in the corporate strategy, i.e. where IT is used in internal and external operations to create a competitive advantage.)
Each customer will nominate the engagement/transformation initiative of his/her choice that demonstrates successful transformation towards becoming a Digital Enterprise.
The criteria for the award are based upon the Digital Capability Framework (DCF). The DCF works across six dimensions: Two Digital Transformation Enablers (DTE) which define how ready is a company for a transformation and Four Digital Transformation Goals (DTG) which a company must aim for.
The dimensions are:
- 1. Digital Transformation Enablers
- a. Transformation Capability
- b. Innovation Capability
- 2. Digital Transformation Goals
- a. Customer Centricity
- b. Effective Knowledge Worker
- c. Operational Excellence
- d. IT Excellence
- BTS Customer
- Engagement finished in 2012 or later, or if in progress quantifiable milestones have to be achieved
- Company can only apply via the BTS contact
- Customer must be available for phone calls and interviews from selection committee (August 15 – September 9)
- Winner must be available for marketing and press-related activities
- Each applicant has to answer the questions around each of the six dimensions to clearly state the initial situation, what was done to improve that dimension and what is the current status
- The description must include key performance indicators that were used and quantifiable results. Each result must be supported by documentation that demonstrates your improvements in any or each of the dimensions (extracts of lessons learned, review documents, success stories etc.)
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Judges will analyze your submission based on how you answer the questions in the application form