SAP Grows Third Quarter 2013 Revenues in Asia Pacific Japan
Achieves Triple-Digit Growth in SAP HANA, Cloud and OEM Business
SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) increased its Asia Pacific Japan Software and Software-Related Service Revenues by 7% in Q3FY13. Cloud subscription revenue grew triple digits for the third consecutive quarter. SAP HANA, the platform for real-time business applications, continues to be a major growth engine in the region as organizations recognize the platform as the in-memory computing standard. The OEM business registered a solid performance as OEM partners embrace the SAP technology platform and embed SAP software into their products to deliver more end-user benefits.
"China, Southeast Asia and South Korea executed well and recorded outstanding double-digit growth. In China, large enterprises are choosing SAP over our competition. We continue to invest in our ecosystem and strategic partnerships, such as our partnership with Huawei to deepen R&D efforts in the support of SAP HANA. We are optimistic with our pipeline heading into the fourth quarter despite macroeconomic challenges in Australia and India," said Steve Watts, President, SAP Asia Pacific Japan.
SAP wins in Asia Pacific Japan in Q3FY13 included China Minmetals (China), Honor Tone Limited (China), Hu Nan Happigo Home Shopping Co. Ltd. (China), Larsen & Toubro Limited (India), Net One Systems (Japan), Nutrichem Company Limited (China), Shanghai Bosideng Infomration Technology Co. (China) and Yunnan Hongxiang Yixintang Pharmaceutical (China).
- Honor Tone Limited, a China-based electronics manufacturing services provider, selected SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA over Oracle to replace its Oracle database. With SAP, Honor Tone expects to turn its exponential data growth with business analytics into real-time insights and innovation while reducing IT hardware costs by 35-45%.
- Hu Nan Happigo Home Shopping Co. Ltd., a TV shopping company, selected SAP 360 Customer powered by SAP HANA as well as SAP ERP and Retail solutions over Oracle to get closer to its customers and enable personalized customer engagement anywhere. With SAP, Happigo expects to gain real-time customer insights to improve sales, service and marketing effectiveness to provide a better shopping experience for its customers.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T), an Indian multinational engineering & construction conglomerate, selected various SAP products including SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA and Mobile to improve performance of custom transactions. With SAP, L&T expects to be able to remodel its business processes and benefit through faster and more granular analysis, and to improve decision making through real-time data.
- Net One Systems, a leading network integrator in Japan, selected SAP ERP to promote innovation of operation processes, construct an efficient IT platform, and strengthen internal controls by linking information among operations based on a robust integrated system. With SAP, Net One expects to improve marketing and compliance and streamline operations with excellent integrity and toughness, realizing the value of SAP quickly through SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions and Best Practice that SAP Service provides.
- Shanghai Bosideng Information Technology Co., the largest down apparel company in China, selected SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA over Oracle to support the multi brand operation of the whole group. With SAP, Bosideng expects to seamlessly integrate its supply chain and finance processes and transform from a wholesale company to a real retailing company.
- Yunnan Hongxiang Yixintang Pharmaceutical, a China-based pharmaceutical retail and wholesale company, selected SAP HANA as its strong IT infrastructure to support the rapid development of their business. With SAP, Yunnan Hongxiang expects to enable business applications to perform better and improved management decisions through real-time insight into business operations
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 251,000 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com
Note to editors:
To preview and download broadcast-standard stock footage and press photos digitally, please visit www.sap.com/photos
. On this platform, you can find high resolution material for your media channels. To view video stories on diverse topics, visit www.sap-tv.com
. From this site, you can embed videos into your own Web pages, share video via email links, and subscribe to RSS feeds from SAP TV.
Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews
For more information, press only:
Jeanette Tan, +65 6664 4535, firstname.lastname@example.org
Claudia Cortes, +65 6664 4450, email@example.com